From the 16th the 19th I had the
pleasure to attend the J. Reuben Clark Law Society Conference. The conference was for LDS Lawyers. This year it was held at Stanford
University. The weather was a pleasant
70 degrees. Penn State picked up the tab
for flights, hotel, and taxis which was very generous. The conference is held at different locations
every year, and next year it will be at Georgetown with Justice Thomas being
the keynote. There are various speakers
that are invited, panels and breakout sessions are common. I attended one panel about the Arab Spring. A Stanford professor and two other experts
spoke about that issue. We were also spoken
to by various church general counsel officers, a former governor of Utah and
Health and Human Services Secretary under George W. Bush. At the conclusion of the conference I was
picked up by, Michelle and her husband, Craig, a friend now living in the Bay
Area. Overall, it was a great trip with
very little money spent on my end. :D
This was the only picture I took during the whole time I was there.
0 comments:
Post a Comment