CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

the delivery

My contractions started at 2am July 7 and they went all day! I was able to go to the hospital after Jimmy got home from work. (Which seemed FOREVER b/c he had a mandatory meeting for work). Plus, he had to find a replacement if he was to leave any earlier.

My mom came about noon, which was good in case she needed to take me. But, Jimmy got home from work at 3:45 and took me to the hospital. My mom went grocery shopping so she could make us freezer meals.

We got to the hospital about 4 and I was dilated to a 3. The triage nurse asked when I wanted an epidural. I didn't really care when, but I had to have some IV fluids first, so I told her after that got started. Then, we walked to the L&D Room 16 and they broke my water. Then I got the epidural. They had to up my dosage on that b/c I was still feeling strong pains.

I think at one point they were going to give me Pitocin, but they didn't have to b/c when they checked me I was fully dilated by then. So, we were just waiting for the cervix to finish thinning out and then I could start pushing. Oh, buddy! Anyway, I pushed for 20 minutes and baby was out! Dr. Lloyd kept commenting on how great I did, especially for a first timer. Jimmy got a little uneasy and the nurses and doctor had him lay down and drink some juice they got him. But, it was a good delivery as my body was doing exactly what it was supposed to do and baby was healthy and happy! And, so were we. :)

We were still deciding on a name by day 2! But, I had been calling him Jae anyway, so I let Jimmy pick the middle name.

Jae Alexander Gilbert
Born on 07.07.09 @ Intermountain Medical Center, Murray

9:13pm
6 pounds 15 ounces
19.5 inches long

Me lookin' like a beached whale. Oxygen was put on for baby's benefit.


Jimmy getting excited! (Or nervous)


Members Only... Jae Access


What do I do w/ it!?!


I like his leg and toes, lol!


The Gilbert Family


Nurse Jenna, Gilberts, & Dr. Lloyd


Grandpa Gilbert w/ Baby Jae


Grandma Gilbert & Grandma Roberts w/ Baby Jae

0 comments: